Sunday 30 December 2012

Gandhian & Others & Zeitgeist

Incomplete

Usha Mehta

R.K.Bajaj

Madhu Mehta

They had written extensively on Ayodhya movement, taking what I thought was a apolegetic line for hindutva. Post 6th Dec, they suddenly seemed to realise the menace and their tone changed. Now that I am going down south, I shall retrieve the paper clippings of their writing pre and post 6th Dec 1992.. I would like to examine my hostility to these people by reexamining what exactly they wrote. Another addition to the list will be Dileep Padgaonkar.

Actually we lack a critical academic atmosphere.

My new year resolution --

Compile the works of Aruna Roy, Madhu Kishwar, Ramachandra Guha, Rajdeep Sardesai, Barkha Dutt and understand various shifts in their persona.





No comments:

Post a Comment