Saturday 4 August 2012

Koodankulam and LHC

I got a phonecall today from my 11 year old niece Oviya from Tuticorin. Will an accident in Koodankulam affect them? That reminded me of another call that I got about 4 years back from another niece Tharangni, then 12 years old about the end of world because of LHC. We had a fruitful chat about blackholes and their evaporation. I was able to allay her fears.
Has science become so specialized that a Chemist cannot understand what is standard physics and goes to court over LHC? Have physicists become arrogant?

But what did I tell Oviya? I kept on talking about solar panels. They are going to get it installed in their home.     A quiet revolution is happening in TN aided by power cuts. But I had evaded the issues that she had raised. Now again there are concerns about who foots the bill in case of accident..

No comments:

Post a Comment