Saturday 24 November 2012

Political Violence

When I heard about the dropping of the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, especially the first one, I was stunned but pleased, because I thought it would end the war and then I wouldn't have to go, and other people wouldn't have to go, and America would win a glorious victory. Later I felt very ashamed of that kind of feeling, but I feel it's necessary to mention because of the attraction that large-scale destruction can have if it seems to be on your side, and for what we take to be virtuous purposes.
                                                             -Robert Jay Lifton



                                                        War and Political Violence     


                  
                                              Resovling Conflicts Without War- Erich Fromm

No comments:

Post a Comment