Monday 19 November 2012

The Darling

About a month after I started this blog, I had to start another one HateHaterHated to keep more negative thoughts? Now there are nine blogs each serving a slightly different purpose. This parent blog is the formless one. Sometimes it is fascinating reflecting why something is where it is. Why did I post Chekhov's "The Darling"  in HateHaterHated ? I remember maliciously thinking of some one who was like Olenka. It is this malice that I want to explore.

I was trying to enter the mind of Olenka, and I failed. What will it be like to be a "darling" of Olenka. The image that arose in my mind was that of a lioness which had smothered her cub to death but never the less was licking it...

Then remembered this from 'Crabwalk' --
No one knows what he was thinking and is thinking now. Every mind is sealed, not just his. A no-man's land for word hunters. No point to opening up the skull. Besides, no one says out loud what he thinks. And anyone who tries to is already lying in the first words that come out. Sentences starting with 'At the moment he was thinking...' have never been anything but crutches. Nothing is locked tighter than a mind. Even progressively harsher torture doesn't produce complete confessions. Even in the moment of death,a person can cheat in his thoughts. ......................... page 215

No comments:

Post a Comment